The Electron configuration of Darmstat is 7s25f146d8. Darmstatium is an element found in the middle part of our periodic table and has been given different names before getting its official name. Among the names, the names that have been called are ununnillo, madveded, madvedevio or medvedio. Its electrons per level should be: 2, 8, 18, 32, 32, 16.2.
- 1 Electron configuration of the Darmstatium
Electron configuration of the Darmstatium
Its electron configuration is 7s25f146d8
- It is a synthetic chemical element with atomic number 110 and symbol Ds; it is an extremely radioactive element, that is to say, it is an unstable element.
- In fact, its most stable known isotope is Darmstadtium-281 and it has a half-life of about 10 seconds.
What are the characteristics of this element?
- In our periodic table, Darmstadion is a d-block transactinide element, which means that it is a superheavy element that receives the generic “transactinide” because it has an atomic number greater than 103, which corresponds to lawrencium.
- He is a member of period 7.
- Group 10 transition metals are placed in the group as the eighth member.
- The chemical properties of this element are unknown, but it is believed to have similar properties to its heavier counterparts platinum, nickel and palladium.
- It is expected to be a noble metal and to have ionization potentials and atomic radii similar to those of its counterpart, platinum.
- It has an atomic mass of 281u.
- In its atomic properties, it has a covalent radius of 128 picometers (pm).
- Under normal conditions, this element should be a solid.
Its neutron-rich isotopes are the most stable; those that are most useful for chemical studies. The problem is that these isotopes can only be produced indirectly by alpha decay into heavier elements, which does not favor these studies as a method of direct synthesis.
The Darmstad isotopes are:
- 269 D
- 270 days
- 271 days
- 273 days
- 279 days
None of these isotopes are stable or natural; It must be emphasized that, although the 267 and 280 isotopes of Ds have been discovered, they have not yet been confirmed.
Ds isotopes ranging from 267 to 273 have very fast decay periods, in microseconds.
The best known and heaviest isotope, 281 Ds, has a half-life of 11 seconds. Meanwhile, the 279 Ds isotope has a half-life of 0.18 seconds.
Why is it called Darmstadion?
This element received the name in honor of the place where it was created, let me explain: the first time this element was created, or at least of which there is a report and approval, it was in 1994, near a town called Darmstadt, located in Germany, by the GSI Helmholtz center for heavy ion research.
Discovery of Darmstatium
This element was created on November 9, 1994, in the aforementioned city by a team of physicists composed of Peter Armbruster and Gottfried Münzenberg under the direction of Sigurd Hofmann.
How did they arrive at the creation of the element?
In the first test, the team only managed to detect a single atom of the Ds-269 isotope, as shown in the formula below:
82Pb + 6228Ni → 269110Ds + 10n
They bombarded, in a heavy ion accelerator, nickel-62 nuclei accelerated on a lead-208 target.
This same team also carried out a new reaction using heavier nickel-64 ions, thus detecting 9 atoms of the isotope Ds 271.
In previous years, around 1986-1987, the Joint Institute for Nuclear Research in Dubna and the GSI in the 90s tried to search for this element, but without success.
Ds, like many other elements in our periodic table, has a clear use in the field of scientific study.
What are the effects of this element on health and the environment?
A study has not been considered for the reactions or the implications this element may have on human health or the damage it may cause to the environment due to its instability; any amount of this element formed will quickly break down into other elements.
- It is a synthetic chemical element, which means that it was created by man.
- It’s on the periodic table.
- It has 9 isotopes.
- He is unstable.
So far today’s study my chemistry minds, I hope you learned something new.
Below I leave the task and a motivating sentence.
Stand in the central part of the periodic table, point your finger at block D and look for element 110, see its symbology and which element is on the left and on the right.
The things we love, our inventions, are not a waste of time, it’s time invested in your happiness and in discovering something new. Goodbye!